2. Here are a few of the books I am hoping to read over Lent:
The Bible (no not the whole thing)
The Faith of the Early Fathers, William Jurgens
Slouching Towards Gomorrah, Robert Bork
He Leadeth Me, Walter Ciczek
Journey to Easter-Pope Benedict
Finding God's Will for you-Francis De Sales. (also re-read Introduction to the Devout Life)
Something by Ranerio Cantalamessa, preacher to the Papal household, and who I had the blessing of hearing speak live several years ago.
Characters of the Passion-Fulton Sheen
Imitation of Christ-Thomas a Kempis
Confessions--St. Augustine ( I slog my way through this periodically, I find it hard going)
anybody have any suggestions? It doesn't have to be strictly religious...
3. For those who may not be a facebook "friend" here is my testimony from the March for Life. I will refrain from self commenting, except to say, that was the day I felt myself getting sick, and today, I am still fighting to get completely better. sheesh. Remember to pause the exquisite music before watching.
4. Today I went to #7 of my First Fridays. I pray I will be able to attend nine with no interruption, and maybe break that pattern of mine that is the Anti-Novena. Another one starts today, the Novena of Grace, that I mentioned in my previous post. That one is every single day for nine days...
5. By the way, Dear Readers, do you see the hyperlinks I post? Are they a different color text before you hover over them? Or do you only stumble on them? Bob, at his computer at work, can't see them. I have to tell him to look for them, but they still work.
6. _Here_was supposed to be a little group of pictures that I took of some religious art in our house. My camera declined, after taking the pictures , to turn on again. So--look for it in the near, (I hope) future! Besides this little snafu, I found Malaika's project she needed to turn in to school today. With that, and something Rachael also forgot, I now have to go make the rounds of the kids schools. And then to my friend, the Acme. My, how the term "friend" has evolved. Between a large building full of groceries and an entity floating around in the air, mysteriously controlled by my keyboard....
7. My Friday prayer:
Lord, thank you for helping me make it to mass this morning. Please help me be able to function past 4:00 this afternoon.