Friday, September 30, 2011

steno is my life

Yes, Folks, right now this little guy and I are best buds, joined at the hip, constant companions, you name it. I hope to blog once a week-ish, but by the time I sit down to write something, my mind is numb, eyes swimming, back is stiff, etc. A steno education is so intensive, it approaches marriage- like commitment. I certainly spend more time with it than I do Bob. (FYI-he is not jealous, because; 1. Steno writer is stubby and boxy and really not my type (get it?) and 2., Steno writer may one day become the source of a respectable income for our family. Seems like I ought to name it..

All (okay,most) kidding aside, I am doing this for our family. I hope this career will be as lucrative and flexible as it's reputation touts. Also-it's not totally torture, I do like it. It's just that the process of making new pathways in my already mid life ravaged brain is painful, in a smoke-coming-out of-the-ears kind of way. The little victories are sweet, though.



I do have an intention that I ask all who read this to pray for. It's pretty serious. Thank you!

Hope you have a nice weekend. I will be holed up with, uh, (Insert name here).


Peace, 

Kelly

+JMJ+

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly. I commented on this a few days ago and now I found out my blogger sign in is screwed up again. I assume you never got that comment.

    Anyway, good luck with the steno.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't! I hardly get to read all my favorite blogs any more, much less post in my own. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's crazy. I can comment if I go through Fire Fox but not through Explorer. What ticks me off is I commented on all of Joyce's Rome blogs and none of them went through. Yes, we are well, thank you. Hope you and your family are as well.

    ReplyDelete