Things for which I am grateful today:
1. that our summer routine will soon be here; meaning, trips to the library and the reading of the fruits of said trips; not getting fundraiser forms every other day from two schools; kids getting summer jobs (hoping--praying), and quite possibly finishing up school before the summer is out! wOOt! So I could conceivably start working by the fall. (both intimidating and exciting!)
2. Thankful to have my family around me, even though at times I attribute my increased greying rate to them.
3. Grateful to God for His faithfulness, and knowing I don't have to have everything in life completely figured out. Especially during scary transition-y times. Which are pretty much all times with us.
4. Grateful that the Wisconsin election went the way it did. It gives me hope that America may have a chance at being the country I know and love, instead of resembling a movie about the apocalypse. And that conservatives open up their eyes to that fact and go vote in November. Every last one of y'all! ahem.
--note-- having a conservative point of view does not equate to being an uptight person who harbors hatred for anyone unlike themselves. What it does mean --especially for Christians-- is holding true to our faith and having true concern for the souls that have rejected or abandoned the God that created and loves them, and being strong enough to tell the truth about that. A true friend will not lie just to make the other feel better.Better is open rebuke than hidden love. Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. .Proverbs 27:5-6
--all the use of the words true and truth just there? intentional.
5.Thankful for friends that offer prayer and support, even remotely, and even in the midst of their own tumultuous lives.
6. For hope. And the gift of unreasonable optimism, due to number 3.
7. For getting older; the perspective it affords, and of course the benefit of having this guy to dote on~
Everybody have a blessed weekend!