1. Still asking for prayer! Several intentions. Family related. One I can share is that my son-in-law has an application in to Kellogg's. And Meghann had an interview for a new job -just today! It would be such a relief if they got these jobs! Another is that Corrie, who was almost a whole year seizure free, had one at work last week. There are more --just please remember my family--thanks.
2. I was talking with a friend the other night, also a mom, about letting go of our kids. It is a lifelong process that, at least for me, does not get any easier with time! If something happens to them, I feel it! But we have to learn how to love by letting them live and learn, even the rough stuff. Ow.
|as you can see, this one is not quite there.|
4. Are you hard on yourself? I know I am. So many shoulds and oughts. Do you think this is how God wants us to think about ourselves? That He would hold out a carrot promising peace only when you live up to gargantuan standards that always seem to move? During the same conversation in #2, we talked about loving ourselves, and what that meant. I find that when I improve in one area, I beat myself up because I didn't improve in ALL the areas. I know I need to take care of my health, that of my family, physically and spiritually. And work, do laundry, go to mass and confession, and if I am very lucky, adoration, clean, give the cat a manicure,
5. I am loving the fall-ish weather. No A/C or heat needed, windows open, blanket at night. Downside -- living in the city means that open windows=hearing everything that is said or happens outside. And the man who walks his dog at the butt-crack of dawn and always manages to find somebody with which to have a nice boisterous chat.
have the house all to myself. I don't know where to start! I have multiple projects I either want to start or already underway. I always laugh when I remember a coworker at an old job saying to me that she always wanted to work, that she could never "just sit home." I didn't even know being home involved sitting...
7. Even with all the inner chaos, yes, I do trust God and am thankful like crazy for all the blessings and comfort He does provide. When I think about the world and oh Lord, our country (+JMJ+), I must always remember we are in the palm of His hand and our Blessed mother is interceding for us always. She has the mom-thing and while she may not worry exactly, as her trust is you know, perfect; she does grieve over us and rejoice over us. Both. At the same time.
Have a great weekend everyone! Despite the headlines.