Thursday, August 12, 2010

another season

Yay--the slideshow is back!

Tonight I am emotionally drained. So our little visit will be...little. 

Family plays such an important role in our lives, for better or worse. We can be blessed or cursed by the people with which we spent our formative years. 
Right now I am rocketed back in time thinking about my brother Gary. He is fourteen years my senior, still my closest sibling in age. I came late in life to my parents, a surprise? Maybe. So we didn't really grow up together. But we share a bond, and we did live together for a short time while I was pregnant with Meghann.  Our parents and brother Gerry passed away twenty plus years ago. Gary, to me, is the only living link to my original family. His life has been an interesting one, maybe I will tell his story here some time.
Suffice it to say, that it is time to go and visit him in the mountains of North Carolina, take all his nieces and nephews too, and have a grand visit and express our love and revel in our shared beginnings.



                                       Cynthia, Gary II, and Gary, couple years ago




Nobody can tell a funny story quite like Gary. I will be sure to collect some when we visit and record them here. Hopefully we will be able to get some good pictures, too!









Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment