Sunday, September 5, 2010

adventures

Well! We have just returned from a whirlwind trip to visit my brother Gary and his wife Cindy, in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. It is located so far off the beaten path that Mapquest underestimated the duration by three hours! Those last three hours were grueling. I kept saying, "we're almost there!". I think the kids will never believe anything I say again.






But, oh how worth it! Everywhere we looked was another breathtaking scene. I never got "used" to it, in the four days we spent there. Cindy took us on a mountain hike, that, 1.was exhilarating; and, 2.proved to us we can do more than we think we can.

So now I can't help thinking, "what else am I not doing because I don't think I can? What other possibilities are there that I have discounted? What may God have for me, that because of my own fears and limited thinking, am I unnecessarily ruling out ?"





Before we left on the trip, Justin and Corrie gave us this.

How appropriate. Our entire trip really was an act of faith, and we were so blessed and rewarded for that small step. Hopefully, my brother and his wife feel the same! They seemed to truly enjoy having us with them. A friend of theirs, Kelen, was there part of the time, and deeply appreciated and enjoyed our kids. It made me see what we have even more. Our family may have its problems and we have had some really rough times, still do; but we have a treasure in our very imperfect and rustic vessels. The Lord has been so faithful to us, how can we ever doubt him?






Look what He has given us.












We have so many reasons to thank Him and praise Him. Not so many for being fretful or fearful. While there are many things happening in the world that produce in us worry, the Bible says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. (Neh.8:10) He is always joyful, and we can draw on that joy at all times, because He is never tired, or discouraged, or fearful, or downtrodden.


May the peace and joy of the Lord be always with you.


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment