Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes- First Lenten Friday edition



1.Welcome to the first Friday in Lent! By the grace of God, I was able to make it to early mass. It was a blessing. 

2. How are your Lenten practices going. Off to a good start? This was the first year since I've been Catholic that I didn't get ashes. The day was just long and busy, and by the time 7:00 rolled around, I was done. Plus, the fasting made me tired. I have no right to complain, though, as my poor husband had a medical test that required no food at all that day. Everything turned out well, thank God.

3. I did wake up in the middle of the night last night, and used the insomnia as a good time to say a Rosary.

4. Today has a few service activities, so I have that going for me. I always say, if you have kids, you have lots of built in opportunities for service and sometimes even penance. 

5.One additional thing I am doing is listening to Father Z's Lentcasts. He puts them out daily, and they are short but meaty. (acceptable sort of meat, even on Fridays) They are posted to his blog each morning. He also posted several versions of audio Stations of the Cross.

6. Yuk. Turning clocks ahead this weekend. Takes me two weeks to adjust. Oh well. Penance! 

 


7. If you have any prayer requests, I would be happy to add them to my Lenten prayers.

Peace, 

Kelly

4 comments:

  1. How's my Lenten practices going? Eh, I'm snacking when i stay up late at night. I can't help myself. :( If you wish can you pray for my mother? She almost fainted again this morning. I don't think they've figured oout how to control her blood press drops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I will keep her in my prayers. I had been meaning to ask how she has been doing.

      Delete
  2. I have come to enjoy waking up in the middle of the night, because Mama Mary uses the time to show me who to pray for while praying the rosary. More restful than sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Bless you! As lovely as the night prayers are, I usually want more than anything to GO BACK TO SLEEP.

      Delete