1.Welcome to the first Friday in Lent! By the grace of God, I was able to make it to early mass. It was a blessing.
2. How are your Lenten practices going. Off to a good start? This was the first year since I've been Catholic that I didn't get ashes. The day was just long and busy, and by the time 7:00 rolled around, I was done. Plus, the fasting made me tired. I have no right to complain, though, as my poor husband had a medical test that required no food at all that day. Everything turned out well, thank God.
3. I did wake up in the middle of the night last night, and used the insomnia as a good time to say a Rosary.
4. Today has a few service activities, so I have that going for me. I always say, if you have kids, you have lots of built in opportunities for service and sometimes even penance.
5.One additional thing I am doing is listening to Father Z's Lentcasts. He puts them out daily, and they are short but meaty. (acceptable sort of meat, even on Fridays) They are posted to his blog each morning. He also posted several versions of audio Stations of the Cross.
6. Yuk. Turning clocks ahead this weekend. Takes me two weeks to adjust. Oh well. Penance!
7. If you have any prayer requests, I would be happy to add them to my Lenten prayers.